Tulane Pre-College Programs provide a range of opportunities for you to broaden your world view and forge academic pathways powered by possibility. You can find more information about the admissions process and what is needed for your application on this page. For any questions, email or call us at (504) 314-7619.
How to Apply
Choose Your Experience
Want to know what living in a residence hall is like, or do you want to take classes and go home at the end of the day? We offer different experiences that tailor to your preferences.
Browse Our Courses
Whether you want to take a deep dive on your favorite topic or expand your academic horizons by learning something totally new, we offer credit-bearing and enrichment courses in a variety of disciplines.
Complete Your Application
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis or until programs have reached full capacity. Review our application checklist and apply early to ensure space in your preferred courses.
Monitor Your Email
Notifications for admissions decisions are sent via email and can be accessed in the student portal. Once admitted, you must accept your enrollment within 7 days. A 10% non-refundable deposit is also due within 14 days.
Experience a Summer of Possibilities
Get ready to discover what you are capable of while living and learning at a top ranked university in one of the most unique and diverse cities in the world!
Tulane Pre-College Programs are designed for responsible, motivated high school students who are eager to grow academically and to prepare for independent college life. In order to be considered for admission to Tulane Pre-College Programs, you must meet the following requirements:
- Grade Level:
- For enrichment courses, you must be a rising high school freshman, sophomore, junior or senior.
- For credit-bearing courses, you must be a rising high school junior or senior.
- Note: graduating high school seniors are not eligible for Tulane Pre-College Programs.
- You must have a complete application - see our application checklist for more information.
- International Applicants:
- English language proficiency is required for admission to Tulane Pre-College Programs. TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English Test or Cambridge C1/C2 scores are required if you are not a native speaker of English.
- You must have a passport that is valid for at least six months beyond the end date of your selected pre-college session.
- You must have an emergency contact within the United States; you cannot list an embassy as your emergency contact.
- Apply by the Priority Deadline for a greater chance to enroll in your first choice course.
- Check on your application status via the student portal and parent portal.
- Check your email regularly for updates and admission decisions.
- If you need login information sent to another email address, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An online application is required for all pre-college programs. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis through the extended deadline of April 26, 2024 or until programs have reached full capacity. You should apply early to secure a space in your preferred course(s).
Admission to Tulane Pre-College Programs is open to all individuals regardless of their immigration status. Individuals with DACA status and other non-citizens are welcome to apply to Tulane Pre-College summer programs. For more information, visit the Tulane Undocumented page.
Admissions decisions will be posted to the student portal and parent portal. You will receive an email notification when your admissions decision is available. Once admitted, you will need to submit a 10% non-refundable deposit within 14 days of receiving your admission notification to secure your enrollment. The amount of your deposit will also be indicated in the student portal and parent portal.