|School of Professional Advancement Studies
Session 1: 6-Weeks (G1/E1)
May 22 - June 29
Session 2: 6-Weeks (G2/E2)
July 3 - August 10
10-Week Session (G12/E12/OL)
May 22 - August 10
Maymester Summer Intensive
Session Dates: May 15-26, 2017
Tulane Summer School is now offering Maymester, an intensive 2-week session. Complete a requirement, get ahead or immerse yourself in a topic with a Maymester course this summer.
Courses are offered a variety of subjects: writing, mathematics, psychology, computer programming, film studies and biology. Many topics are recommended or required for pre-health students.
Registration: No application necessary for Tulane students. Register for Maymester in Gibson online beginning April 5, 2017. Visiting students should complete the online application to Summer School.
Tuition is $850 per credit hour ($2550 for a 3-credit course). Housing, meal plans, Wavebucks and Reily Center memberships are available for an additional fee.
Please contact email@example.com for further questions or email Katherine Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maymester 2017 Courses:
- Statistics for Scientists (MATH 1230) *recommended for pre-health students; satisfies the second math requirement for Science & Engineering students and Public Health
- Introductory Geography (EENS 2060) *open to all students and students working toward Louisiana certification in elementary education; satisfies a science requirement
- Intro to Programming & Problem-Solving in Python (CMPS 2120) *open to all students; satisfies a science requirement
- Expository Writing (ENLS 2630) *recommended for all students and pre-health students; satisfies the Writing Intensive requirement; English elective
- Evolutionary Genetics (EBIO 2660) *recommended for Evolutionary Biology majors who have taken CELL 2050-Genetics
- Psychology of Diversity (PSYC 3800) *recommended for all students; satisfies a science requirement; Psychology elective
- Cancer Biology: From Diagnosis to Treatment (CELL 4660) *recommended for Pre-Medical students and Cell & Molecular Biology majors
- Contemporary Hollywood Cinema (COMM 4820) *open to all students; satisfies a humanities requirement; Communication and Film Studies elective
Applying to Tulane Summer School (Undergraduates)
Current Tulane Students (Newcomb-Tulane College, School of Professional Advancement)
No application necessary. Register in Gibson online during priority registration in April. Special programs (SO) may require an application – contact the program administrator for information.
Incoming Freshman and Transfer Students: contact the Summer School Office or your Academic Advisor for information on how to register for Summer School.
Spring Scholars and Graduating Seniors must complete an application to Summer School.
Visiting Students (Summer Only)
You can take a class without enrolling in a degree program. Simply complete an application to Summer School. Applications may be emailed (pdf only), faxed, hand-delivered or sent via U.S. Mail. office. We will send you by e-mail an acceptance confirmation and registration instructions.
Deadline: applications must be submitted at least 7 days prior to the first day of your class. A $25 application fee is required after May 15th.
A transcript is required (unofficial is fine) before enrolling in any course with prerequisites.
Submit transcripts and completed applications to:
TULANE SUMMER SCHOOL
Robert C. Cudd Hall, Suite 201
New Orleans, LA. 70118Fax to 504.865.5236
Email to email@example.com
High School Students
Must meet the requirements listed below and complete an application to Summer School:
- 3.2 GPA or higher
- Minimum score on SAT of 1200, or ACT of 25, or PSAT of 64 (2 parts) or 94 (3 parts), or PLAN of 24
- Letter of recommendation from school counselor verifying this information, and that the student possesses the personal characteristics necessary to succeed at Tulane in college level courses.
Applications are considered complete once the application, letter of recommendation and transcript are received.
International Students: If you are currently enrolled in a U.S. college or institution, you may be able to register as a Visiting Student. Before you apply, visit the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) website for information specific to international students at Tulane. If you need help, we’ll be happy to assist you.
Immunization Requirement for All Students
According to Louisiana immunization laws, Summer-Only students must get vaccinations for Measles, mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Tetanus/Diphtheria. You will need to submit proof of your immunizations once you register for classes. Immunizations forms and information are available from the Student Health Center. An immunization hold will be placed on student accounts if the completed immunization form is not submitted by the first day of class.
The academic calendar lists important deadlines for drop/add, withdrawals, final exams and refunds. Please note that the academic calendar is specific to a particular summer session or program.