Unique Characteristics of the Tulane Pre-College Programs
Tulane University academic staff members designed the Pre-College residential experience to immerse students in the fields of humanities, STEM, and the arts. Various on-campus activities are included in the cost of the residential program.
Select courses are offered for three hours of transferable Tulane credit. Tracks are available for middle and high school students, and the curricula are designed to match students’ academic levels. The learning environment at Tulane is unique, because it aims to accomplish the following:
- Provide students with problem-based learning that addresses an authentic 21st-century learning
- Design, create, and test solutions for real-world problems
- Foster interest in important fields such as the arts, architecture, sciences, and mathematics
- Provide students with models of professionals—engineers, writers, photographers, and scientists—to help them imagine their future careers
- Showcase the ways researchers at Tulane are advancing technology and conservation efforts
Not only will students have access to an innovative learning environment, but they will also reside in New Orleans—a cultural and technological hub. Home to some of the most talented musicians, entrepreneurs, and artists, New Orleans is a prime location to inspire creativity and foster development in any young adult.